The CrypTool portal is a centralized place for the different initiatives of the CrypTool project. The CrypTool project develops the world most-widespread free e-learning programs in the area of cryptography and cryptoanalysis.
- CrypTool 1 (CT1) was the first version of CrypTool. It was released in 1998 and allows to experiment with different cryptographic algorithms. CT 1 has two successors.
- CrypTool 2 (CT2) supports visual programming and execution of cascades of cryptographic procedures.
- JCrypTool (JCT) which is platform-independent.
- CrypTool-Online (CTO) was released in spring 2009. This tool allows to try out different algorithms in a browser / smartphone.
- Another subproject is the international crypto cipher challenge "MTC3" offering cryptographic riddles of different levels.
All learning programs in the CrypTool project are open source and available for free.
Volunteers, especially programmers and students planning to write their thesis in the area of cryptography, are always welcome to join in the further development of the CrypTool project.