- Germany — Land of Ideas 2008
- European Information Security Award 2004
- IT Security Award NRW 2004
- TeleTrusT Special Award 2004
- <kes>, August 2010, page 6-11 (Original print media in German) // Infosecurity magazine, February 2013 (Online magazine) "Kleptography in Black-Box Implementations" [The English version is an updated and slightly shorted version of the German article. It contains a screenshot with the according kleptography plugin in JCrypTool (JCT).]
- <kes>, May 2012, page 22-27 (German)
"RSA-Sicherheit in der Praxis"
[Investigation, why shared prime factors exist in RSA moduli and how this can be prevented. The program described in the article can be downloaded here.]
- 7th International Conference on Education and Information Systems, Technologies and Applications (EISTA 2012), Reducing the complexity of understanding cryptology using CrypTool , July 2012
[Abstract - Cryptography and cryptanalysis are characterized by a great number of algorithms, parameters, and protocols where at least some of them can be considered as complex mathematical structures. In this paper, electronic learning such as self-regulated learning, computer-based trainings, and learning by doing are presented with the help of a modern e-learning program – CrypTool (CT) – which supports these approaches for developers and users. Additionally, this paper fortifies these claims with an evaluation using the feedback from classes where CT was used to teach cryptographic algorithms. EISTA 2012 was part of the 6th International Multi-Conference on Society, Cybernetics and Informatics (IMSCI 2012).]
- digma -- Zeitschrift für Datenrecht und Informationssicherheit, April 2012, Page 32-35 (German)
"E-Learning: Kryptografie und Kryptoanalyse"
- 15th Colloquium for infomation Systems Security Education Fairborn, Teaching Cryptology at All Levels Using CrypTool, June 2011
[Abstract - This paper introduces cryptology in the framework of general cybersecurity and advocates that it is an appropriate mechanism for introducing security issues into the classroom at all level of the curriculum. As practical free software package CrypTool can be a major asset in any attempt to teach cryptology to a range of student audiences is presented. Applications and classroom experiences using CrypTool are discussed along with some student feedback.]
- Hackin9, IT Security Magazine, March 2011, page 10-14
"The CrypTool project -- The best way, to learn and apply cryptography"
[This article explains the CrypTool project, and introduces the three software versions CrypTool 1.4.30 (CT1), CT2 and JavaCrypTool (JCT).]
- <kes>, August 2010, page 6-11 (German)
"Kleptografie bei Black-Box-Implementierungen"
[The article contains a 1-page box which introduces JavaCrypTool (JCT), and it contains a screenshot with the according kleptography plugin in JCT.]
- PC Plus 297, August 2010, page 65-67
"Breaking the toughest codes"
[The last column describes how to encrypt a message with DES using CrypTool v1]
- Datenschutz und Datensicherheit (DuD), March 2009, 7 pages,
"CrypTool - an open source project in practice
Lessons learned from a successful open source project"
- <kes>, July 2008, page 62-65 (German)
- DFN News, April 2008, page 28-31
- DFN News, December 2007, page 28-31 (German)
- Information Security - Report 2006 by Touch Briefing, page 21-23
- <kes>, May 2003, page 18-23 (German)
- Datenschutz und Datensicherheit (DuD), October 2002, page 615-618 (German)
- c't, 14/2001, page 204-208 (German)
The remarks in brackets above are taken from the article summary or they describe the link to CrypTool.
For further information see "Links / Books".