Password CheckAnother local password evaluation algorithm
You can check here how secure your chosen password is. After entering it in the box "Password" the tool shows at once a detailed analysis of your password along with tips to improve its security.
Please keep in mind that the tool is no guarantee for a secure password. It does, for example, not check whether your password includes words that occur in dictionaries. Such checks are possible e.g. with the offline version CrypTool 1 (CT1) or with the Password Meter in CTO.
Your password is evaluated only locally within your browser. It will not be sent back to the CTO server.
- Length is more important as the character mix. Minimum length: 12 (recommendations Georgia Tech Research Institute, 2010).
- See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Password
- See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Password_strength
- The comprehensive and practical article on How to Set up a Strong Password (July 05, 2017) by James Crace also describes 3 password manager tools.
- Tests against most frequently used passwords can be done e.g. with CT1 or with http://comparitech.net/password-strength or with the Password Meter in CTO.
CTOAUTHOR: Christian Sieche, Password meter