The CrypTool Portal
The CrypTool Portal is the starting page of the CrypTool project and raises awareness and interest in encryption techniques for everyone.
All learning programs in the CT project are open source and available for free. The CT project develops the world's most-widespread free e-learning programs in the area of cryptography and cryptoanalysis.
- CrypTool 1 (CT1) was the first version of CrypTool. It was released in 1998 and allows to experiment with different cryptographic algorithms. CT1 runs under Windows and has two successors: CT2 and JCT.
- CrypTool 2 (CT2) supports visual programming and execution of cascades of cryptographic procedures. CT2 contains an especially large number of cryptanalysis methods and also runs under Windows.
- JCrypTool (JCT) is platform-independent and runs under Linux, Mac and Windows. One focus are post-quantum (signature) algorithms.
- CrypTool-Online (CTO) was released in spring 2009. Here you can try out in a browser (on a PC or a smartphone) different algorithms.
- MTC3 is an active international crypto cipher challenge offering cryptographic riddles of 4 different levels. You can discuss solutions in the moderated forum.
Volunteers, especially programmers, and students planning to write their thesis in the area of cryptography, are always welcome to join in the further development of the CrypTool project. You will experience project management in a distributed, agile project.
- Germany — Land of Ideas 2008
- European Information Security Award 2004
- IT Security Award NRW 2004
- TeleTrusT Special Award 2004