The CrypTool Portal
The CrypTool Portal raises awareness and interest in encryption techniques for everyone.
All learning programs in the CrypTool project are open source and available for free. The CrypTool project develops the world most-widespread free e-learning programs in the area of cryptography and cryptoanalysis.
- CrypTool 1 (CT1) was the first version of CrypTool. It was released in 1998 and allows to experiment with different cryptographic algorithms. CT1 runs under Windows. CT1 has two successors: CT2 and JCT.
- CrypTool 2 (CT2) supports visual programming and execution of cascades of cryptographic procedures. CT2 also runs under Windows.
- JCrypTool (JCT) is platform-independent and runs under Linux, Mac and Windows.
- CrypTool-Online (CTO) was released in spring 2009. This tool allows to try out different algorithms in a browser / smartphone.
- Another subproject is the international crypto cipher challenge "MTC3" offering cryptographic riddles of different levels.
- Germany — Land of Ideas 2008
- European Information Security Award 2004
- IT Security Award NRW 2004
- TeleTrusT Special Award 2004