- Datenschutz und Datensicherheit (DuD), October 2014, page 701 - 708 (German) "CrypTool 2.0 – Open-Source Kryptologie für Jedermann" [The article describes the e-learning software CrypTool 2.0 which was released in August 2014 after 7 years of development and many stable beta versions. CT2 is – like JCT – successor of CT1. CT2 offers a lot of encryption and analysis methods using visual programming as a new GUI. The article also explain the architecture of the software and some sample components.]
- Datenschutz und Datensicherheit (DuD), May 2014, page 305-313 (German)
"Sichere E-Mail mit S/MIME Eine Anleitung aus Anwenderperspektive"
[The article exhaustively describes how to install and use secure email with Thunderbird in 4 steps. There is a link to the visualization of S/MIME in CT1. Existing weaknesses concerning the usability are examined. Additionally, the article contains an appeal to foster the existing open-source software in order to get rid off the referred weaknesses to make life of citizens and economy more secure.]
- <kes>, March 2014, page 70-77 (German)
"Krypto + NSA = ? -- Kryptografische Folgerungen aus der NSA-Affäre" [The article investigates: Which crypto systems can -- despite the reveal of the NSA/GCHQ attacks -- still be considered as secure? Where have systems been intentionally weakened? How can we create a secure cryptographic future? Where is the difference between maths and implementation?]
- Infosecurity magazine (Online magazine), February 2013
"Kleptography in Black-Box Implementations" [The English version is an updated and slightly shorted version of the German article in <KES>, August 2010. It contains a screenshot with the according kleptography plugin in JCrypTool (JCT).]
- <kes>, May 2012, page 22-27 (German)
"RSA-Sicherheit in der Praxis"
[Investigation, why shared prime factors exist in RSA moduli and how this can be prevented. The program described in the article can be downloaded here.]
- digma -- Zeitschrift für Datenrecht und Informationssicherheit, April 2012, Page 32-35 (German)
"E-Learning: Kryptografie und Kryptoanalyse"
- Hackin9, IT Security Magazine, March 2011, page 10-14
"The CrypTool project -- The best way, to learn and apply cryptography"
[This article explains the CrypTool project, and introduces the three software versions CrypTool 1.4.30 (CT1), CT2 and JavaCrypTool (JCT).]
- <kes>, August 2010, page 6-11 (German)
"Kleptografie bei Black-Box-Implementierungen"
[The article contains a 1-page box which introduces JavaCrypTool (JCT), and it contains a screenshot with the according kleptography plugin in JCT.]
- PC Plus 297, August 2010, page 65-67
"Breaking the toughest codes"
[The last column describes how to encrypt a message with DES using CrypTool v1]
- Datenschutz und Datensicherheit (DuD), March 2009, 7 pages,
"CrypTool - an open source project in practice
Lessons learned from a successful open source project"
- <kes>, July 2008, page 62-65 (German)
- DFN News, April 2008, page 28-31
- DFN News, December 2007, page 28-31 (German)
- Information Security - Report 2006 by Touch Briefing, page 21-23
- <kes>, May 2003, page 18-23 (German)
- Datenschutz und Datensicherheit (DuD), October 2002, page 615-618 (German)
- c't, 14/2001, page 204-208 (German)
The remarks in brackets above are taken from the article summary or they describe the link to CrypTool.
For further information see "Links / Books".